Facade Engineering Services
Concept / Systems Design
Systems design is our core business. We study facade concepts with detailed solutions and
technical feasibility that will respect the project’s design standards and architect’s intend.
- Develop technical plan for all the different facade areas, types, elements.
- Project specific adaptation of existing facade systems.
- Design of all typical details, as the basis of structural design plan.
Analysis of the existing planning approval for completeness and feasibility. In close
collaboration with the facade contractor:
- Assessment of the planning approval (IFC Drawings).
- Optimization of the design and assembly plan according to client’s needs.
- Clarification of the responsibilities and planning-relevant parameters in collaboration
with the developer and client.
- Drafting of Shop Drawings.
- Construction of all sections and identification of all materials, qualities, fittings
- Review and adaptation of drawings during the approval phase.
Structural Analysis Reports
- Design and validation of the structural capacity of aluminium profiles, steel sections,
glazing, cladding, brackets, fasteners, gluing systems, balustrades etc.
- Serviceability and ultimate limit state considerations.
- Compliance with a variety of international façade related regulations and structural
codes in Europe, USA, Australia, according to the Eurocodes and EN, ASTM, ASCE, AA,
- Wind load calculations using structural codes of fluid dynamic analyses.
- Numerical analyses using the finite element method (FEM – FEA).
Material Take Off
We undertake to define exactly the materials to be used, their quality criteria and how
they should be processed.
- Preparation of the orders for all necessary materials.
- Check the technical data submitted for the materials.
- Comparison of the materials proposed by the contractor with the specified materials.
- Cutting list for fixed length optimization, surface treatment, allocation to assemblies
and construction lots.
We supply all planning documents for the construction of the planned facades.
- Preparation and provision of construction drawings (Working Drawings).
- Compilation of all documents from the shop drawings with the production drawings
and installation drawings, the static and structural calculations right through
the material lists.
- Identification of individual parts with allocation to individual production lots according
to quantity, design and size.
Coordination of the correct sequence on the construction site. We create clear installation
and assembly instructions and take care to interfaces with other trades.
- Installation and assembly drawings.
- Preparation for the installation and information on the individual elements and parts.
- Preparation of installation plans as well as plan for fixings.
- Assembly documentation.
As Built Drawings
Coordination of the handover of the completed facade to the client.
Preparation of the as-built drawings, the documentation of the facade that was actually built.